Yes, you read that correctly. I'm typing this as I begin to feel sticky from the humidity, puffy-faced from traveling, eye-bagged from not enough sleep, but SO HAPPY that I'm back in my home country.
Oh yeah, I even got a haircut for the trip. Let's see how this frizzy hair will deal.
This is my travel buddy Matt, a.k.a. the fiancé.
Incredible sunset from Narita Airport during our layover.
I haven't been in the Philippines since I was 16. That was 12 years ago.
From the short amount of time we've been here, I can already tell that SO MUCH has changed since I was last here.
Why are we here?
1. We're attending a wedding! Our good friends from the U.S. are getting married in Makati and we've been enlisted as Veil Sponsors. Not Catholic? Find out HERE what that is.
2. We're meeting each other's families! As we're getting closer to getting married ourselves, we've been meeting more of each other's families. Now, Matt gets to introduce me to his relatives here and I get to introduce Matt to mine.
3. We're visiting Palawan! We're planning for a destination wedding and this location is our first choice. Not going to say too much about it, but I am SO EXCITED.
4. To eat hell hella Filipino food. Duh.
5. We're going to take in as much as we can in the very short time we have here - 10 full days to be exact. This is both our first times being back as adults, and our second time traveling internationally with each other.
I'll be updating sporadically throughout our trip via Twitter & Snapchat.
Follow along: @melissademata
Until next week!